Unveiling Smiles: Ayan's Heartwarming Experience at Udayan Care



My name is Ayan. I am 11 years old and will be starting 6th grade soon. I live in the United States. I currently reside in San Diego, California and I live with my mom, dad and my 5 year-old sister. I like to play tennis and I also play the sitar and guitar. My other favorite things to do include reading graphic novels and playing with my sister.

I came to Udayan Care while on a trip to India. I stayed at my Nani and Nana’s house in Delhi. I visited Udayan Care because my mom is a brain scientist who works with children at Udayan Care and I wanted to see what it was like.

Udayan Care is a place that cares for kids who are without their parents. I wanted to interact with the children and to see their lifestyle. I wanted to see how their lives were different from mine. I understood it after seeing how the children lived and what activities they did on an everyday basis.

The home that I visited had 15 children living together. So that was a very different experience for me. They all seemed very close, like brothers and sisters - one big family!

My experience at Udayan Care was very good. I had so much fun there! I thought all the kids were very nice. When we were at the park one of the kids offered to play catch with me. They also played on the seesaw with my sister. 

I love that Udayan Care does so many activities with the kids. The children do lots of drawing. One of the kids showed me all her drawings and paintings. I thought all of them were beautiful. I especially liked the drawing where she drew her past life in her village and her future life in medical school. Another activity that the children did was musical chairs. I also love playing that game at home with my sister!

I also thought the kids were so polite. When my sister and I sang a song to them, they just listened. I like that Udayan Care teaches dancing too. I don’t dance but I love watching dancing. The place in which the children lived felt just very homely. It was right next to a park, which was nice.

Some suggestions that I would like to make to Udayan Care would be to teach the kids yoga and to do it every day. Another thing I think the kids should do is pranayama every day. Just like how it helped me, I hope that it will also have a calm and relaxing effect on the children.

I thought it was cool how all kids of different ages played together. The adults that looked after the children were also very caring.

Udayan Care is an amazing place and I had a great time visiting there.  I hope there are many more places like this where kids without parental care have a place to live and can create a new family with other children around them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Together, let’s make families stronger!

Maximising Positive Impact: CSR to fulfill the gaps in the Indian education system